As the global leader in the manufacturing and marketing of decorative surfacing materials, Formica® Corporation offers its customers the best performing products in the industry. We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced professional at our North American headquarters as a Senior Design Manager.
The selected candidate will be the Design champion for commercially focused surfacing products for the North American region, leading the strategic implementation of Style, Design and Texture development activities. Coordinates closely with Asian, Australian/New Zealand and European Formica designers to gain benefits from the consolidation of managing design between all international regions.
Provides strong support and input to the North American Sales and Marketing groups. Develops relationships with strategic international paper, solid surface, and other suppliers, as needed as well as internal R&D. Gathers and shares competitive design intelligence, market needs and trend information for internal education, social media content development and development of new product directions.
Develops and fosters external customer and allied supplier business relations in all potential surfacing and building markets. Promotes and offers design consultation and education to North American Marketing, Sales and our customers with opportunities to support PR efforts with CEU and trend speeches to large audiences. Works with Marketing to promote Formica product launches to customers, the channel and the press.
Supports international design activities with other regional Design units in Europe and Australasia to reach the goal of design cross-over specifications for the benefits of the international customer/specifier and consolidation of raw material procurement. Supports international design to enable competitive positioning of Formica and the ability to respond quickly to the fast moving commercial and residential sectors.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• College degree with preference for Design, Architecture, Interior, Furniture, or Industrial design; Color, Textile or Surface design. An advanced education in Business preferred.
• Color and style development within a production environment for other related building industries is preferred if no surfacing experience.
• Excellent and dynamic presentation skills to customers, architects, designers, and other business opportunities are required.
• Design application skills to display color and surfacing material coordination in interior / architectural environments.
• Good advanced understanding for business correspondence, analysis purposes, graphic design, and/or 3D design development: Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint – Freehand Graphics, Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, etc.
• Established customer relationships with Commercial segments and A+D Markets
• Ten (10) plus years of professional experience desired. Maturity of judgment in design and business development is required.
• Ability to work with marketing, sales, operational and senior management (internally and externally) is a strong pre-requisite for this role.
• Travel to customers required for business development and to suppliers for design development.
We offer excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Vets.
Only qualified individuals (those who meet the fundamental qualifications) will be considered as applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted for a minimum of 3 business days from the date of the initial posting.