Have you ever wanted to help set home fashion trends, and to drive consumer product designs through color and innovation? If you have a passion for area rug designing, and you are a born leader for your innovative team, then we want to hear from you. Balta offers all its team members a career with future.Balta US Inc. is a fast growing leading company in Woven Indoor & Outdoor Area Rugs and is currently looking for an energetic and creative VP of Product Development. Balta US Inc. is headquartered in Dalton, GA.
Major Functions Include:
• Lead a design team to create new rugs within our Product guidelines
• Actively research current market trends in color, textiles and style
• Be able to identify the newly developing trends at an early stage
• Constantly search for new Developments and identify New Products
• Work with Customer’s Design teams to create specific product ranges
• Develop new ideas that lead to new products for existing & new customers
• Collaborate with Design & Development team members abroad
• Attend trade shows to keep the inspiration going
• Associate’s / Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Textile Design, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Fashion Design or related field
• Minimum of 10 year’s work experience: any flatweave or upholstery experience a plus or be a quick learner
• Motivational team leader with excellent guidance & communication skills
• Must be able to present a proven track record in Product Development
• Experience with a design program is a plus (Ned Graphics, Photoshop and Illustrator)
• Excellent sense of color theory and application
• Great time management & organizational skills
• Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally
• Paid Time Off including: Vacation, Holiday, Sick time
• Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Disability
• Supplemental polices available through AFLAC Insurance.
• 401K program
About Balta Group:
Balta US Inc. is part of Balta Group, one of the largest and most well-respected producers of floorcoverings in the world.
The Balta Group is the largest producer of textile floor coverings in Europe. With a consolidated Gross Sales of about 640 million USD, 95% of its products exported to over 100 countries throughout the world. The Balta Group comprises: woven area rugs (Balta Rugs), wall-to-wall carpets and residential carpet tiles (Balta Broadloom and ITC), wall-to-wall contract carpet (Arc Edition), commercial carpet tiles (Modulyss) and needle felt and technical non-wovens (Captiqs). The Balta Group has 8 production sites worldwide, including two in U?ak, Turkey, and distribution centers in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium and Dalton, GA that serves the North American market.
Thanks to the efforts and energy of more than 3,300 employees, the Balta Group delivers a professional, customer-focused approach to its business, and as a result enjoys a reputation as a quality partner for companies in many markets.
Market leading creativity, strongly enforced vertical integration and operational excellence at every level are the key driving forces for the Balta Group’s strategy. Sustainable development across all of its activities is also an important consideration for Balta. As part of this sustainable energy initiative, the company has invested in one of the largest solar panel projects in the Benelux region in order to supply renewable energy to fuel its production facilities.
Balta aims at satisfying all customers with superior quality and service in all aspects. Balta stands for the most reliable company in the sector for all stakeholders.
Balta US Inc is a EOE Employer and a GA Drug Free Workplace.
If you are the right candidate for this position, please send your application