OMNOVA Solutions Inc. is a global innovator of performance-enhancing chemistries and surfaces used in products for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a strategic business-to-business supplier, OMNOVA provides The Science in Better Brands, with emulsion polymers, specialty chemicals, and functional and decorative surfaces that deliver critical performance attributes to top brand-name, end-use products sold around the world. OMNOVA’s sales for the fiscal year ended November 30, 2015, were $838 million. The Company has a global workforce of approximately 2,300.
Position Description / Requirements
Product Designer to work predominantly developing surface designs for Commercial Markets. Responsible to research and assess commercial design trends and customer directions, synthesizing into new concepts and products. Presents new design concepts to customers, building relationships and collaborating on development. Responsible for the design development from inception/artwork through graphic development to on-site participation in first time manufacturing.
• Research and summarize surface design trends in retail fixture, food service and commercial
• Interface with customers to deliver design, trend, and new concept presentations.
• Direct and evaluate the separation of artwork/concepts into multi-layered digital formats.
• Using graphic design software, digitally manipulate, change and/or create new design data.
• Work with color matching technicians on new design samples.
• Work with manufacturing on new product development.
• Travel to Customers, Manufacturing locations, domestic and international, professional association conferences and industry trade shows. (up to 30% travel)
• Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in Product Design
• Must possess a working knowledge of fashion, color, product and design trends.
• Must have excellent color vision and hue discrimination as measured via Munsell Hue Test.
• Need to have spatial and dimensional visualization ability to work with multi-layered print designs.
• Strong communication skills, and excellent organizational capabilities.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Skilled in Photoshop graphic design tool